Offerings
--Elizabeth Mae
Sitting on a mountain side
I close my eyes
My worries come
This time I let them
I lift them up and He takes them
Sitting on a mountain side
I fold my hands
The stress comes next
I do not ignore it
I lift it up and He accepts it
Sitting on a mountain side
I bow my head
The fears enter
I do not chase them out
I lift them up and He welcomes them
Sitting on a mountain side
I begin to pray
He offers peace, safety and love
I let Him
I take them, I accept them, I welcome them
Sitting on a new mountain side
I close my eyes
I feel the joy come
This time I don’t keep it
I lift it up and He declines it
Sitting on a new mountain side
I fold my hands
The reassurance comes next
I want to share it
I lift it up and He returns it
Sitting on a new mountain side
I bow my head
The Thankfulness enters
I want to offer it
So I lift it up and this He welcomes
No comments:
Post a Comment