Well since my Father, and my Mother both have these amazing blogs, I thought maybe it was time for me to join the gaggle and start mine back up again. Maybe this will be a good excuse for a few quiet moments during the day, as well as a way for me to keep all my 'followers' updated. (That's what I call all you faraway peeps.)
Today is my day off this week and so the plan was, to use most of it to try to catch up on some of this cleaning and whatnot. Trying to get a step up so that the apartment is in tip-top shape for my familia's visit at the end of the month. (13 days, 10 hours, 54 minutes & 9 seconds according to my countdown.) I even came up with a checklist, split up according to rooms and what jobs best fit Isaac and I. (And of course color coordinated) We'll see if it works.
I was thinking that I'd get some more laundry and shopping done today, but Isaac took the jeep to school so sadly I've had no excuse to stay away from the callings of Suzy Homemaker. (Except for starting up this blog of course.) I am looking forward to this afternoon however, you see - Isaac has convinced me that snowboarding would be a most amazing thing to add to my list of experiences, so not only have I started to learn but my Christmas gift was a snowboard & bindings. To go even further my board is currently in the shop getting a tune up. This tune up will make my ride faster and smoother. Although at this point, I haven't been all to convinced that faster is a plus.
We plan to get a lot of riding in this weekend up at a old ski resort in what the locals call Happy Jack. (Near Vedawoo if anyone cares to really know) Hopefully we'll pick my board up tonight and depending on how late we get up to Happy Jack I might let the boys go out and play in their trucks while I give sliding down hills standing on a slippery board another go.
Which brings me to another point, tonight we are going off-roading in Happy Jack. Isaac called and informed me that he used his Christmas money to go out and purchase a brand-spanking new CB radio for our jeep. It'll be nice to have when we go out with the boys. Note: Don't let boys from Arizona drive in the snow distracted. Last week we spent an hour or so stuck in at least 2' of snow until a whole gaggle of guys showed up to pull us out. Just another chapter for the book.
I'll be trying to keep things updated on here as new and exciting things happen in our lives, the next few blogs will probably even include pictures! Ahh, technology these days. Amazing!
Till then...
e.Mae
2 comments:
ELLIE,You have a blog, very nice. One place to be connected to you and Isaac. Looking very forward to seeing you to in a week. The owl in the chicken coop was very exciting on Saturday night, I should have gotten rid of the chickens and kept the owl:-) I will look forward to your updates.
Wow, I was so excited to see that I had another follower, and who was this "thatisherenorthere" person? So glad to see that it was you, Ellie Mae, and it was fun to read your latest blog.
Post a Comment